06 December 2005

Club Hotel Dolphin in Negombo

Hotel where the organisation I work for in Colombo organized training workshop for South Asian Centre for Economic Journalists. Basically, the workshop intended to 'build capacity' of economic journalists on the economic, legal, technical and social issues relating to North to South and South to South bilateral trade agreements (BTAs) in South Asia; to understand the poli-economic and human development aspects of BTAs; generate media activism on how the North is screwing over the South on regional and bilateral issues; and to improve the flow of academic research to public forums. I can post the agenda for those interested, but I regret that I can't post the draft papers and Powerpoints. However, there were some excellent discussions on intellectual property rights and Thailand case, which I will try to synopsize later.





No comments: